Construction of the new Aged Care Centre of Excellence at Bulli is coming along as anyone can see even as they exit the Northern Distributor in Bulli.
So what exactly is an Aged Care Centre of Excellence – what can be expected – what was promised ?
The new Aged Centre of Excellence at Bulli will deliver:
- 60 aged care beds managed by Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
- 60 residential care suites managed by IRT
- an Urgent Primary Care Centre that will continue to provide medical services for Northern Illawarra residents and visitors who present with minor illnesses and injuries between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
- ambulatory care services including medical, nursing and allied health outpatient services
- on site clinical support services including medical imaging, pathology and pharmacy
- a range of non-clinical support services including food and nutrition, cleaning and asset maintenance.
The Centre of Excellence will become a leader in the provision of aged care across the Illawarra region.”
Also from Gareth Ward :
“‘’The facility will provide a much better service to the people of the northern Illawarra region, with a focus on geriatric medicine and primary and community health services.”
Letterbox drop leaflet
A full range of community based health services will be provided such as child and family health, wound clinics, chronic disease management and community and home
Services available in the Northern Illawarra will include:
Aged Care Assessment and Transition Services
Emergency primary health care
Will Bulli’s also include features like in Kiama’s Centre of Excellence in Aged Care – as was reported to include :
“recreational facilities, including a community hall and, through the refurbishment of the heritage-listed Barroul House, a cafe and further communal areas.”